Guided mindfulness meditation. Take ten minutes to still the mind and calm the body. Evidence shows mindfulness is a helpful skill for managing stress, low mood, depression, anxiety disorders and panic attacks. If you would like...Read More
Thought bias 1 – The mental filter The mental filter. This is a common anxious thought pattern (or style of thinking) when you feel low in mood or suffer with depression or anxiety (or any other mental health problem). We...Read More
Tip 1 – Be there In this video I talk about how to support someone with depression and other mental health problems. Tip 1 is all about the importance of making time to be with that person on a regular basis. Be sure to...Read More
Tip 1 – Will exercise help ? In this clip I explain the essential part that exercise plays in lifting your mood, both day to day, and in the long term. Tip 2 – Social connection In this clip I explain why social...Read More
Be the first to know about the latest free videos, articles and podcasts from Dr Julie Smith. Enter your email and we will let you know when new content is available.
- 10 Minute Guided Mindfulness Meditation – Relaxation
- Anxiety Thought Biases That Make You Feel Worse
- Supporting Someone With Depression
- Beat A Low Mood & Depression – 7 Tips
- In The Fight Against Fear, Action Is Your Superpower
- Pain x Resistance = Suffering
- Why bother with self-compassion?
- What is self-compassion?
- How to Change Your Mindset
- Mindset Matters: Here’s How