A statement I hear a lot is “I shouldn’t feel this way”. Do you ever experience a valid, human emotion and then tell yourself it is wrong? When you believe you shouldn’t feel something, you resist it. You squash the...Read More
9 key points about emotions: 1. No emotion is bad or wrong. 2. They all have a reason, a message, a function. 3. All of the emotions we experience today evolved because they promoted our survival in some way by influencing our...Read More
Acting opposite. A key skill in managing emotion. Each emotion induces an urge. For example, sadness can induce the urge to put on sad music, hide away from friends and curl up on your bed. Sometimes this may be what you need....Read More
Be the first to know about the latest free videos, articles and podcasts from Dr Julie Smith. Enter your email and we will let you know when new content is available.
- 10 Minute Guided Mindfulness Meditation – Relaxation
- Anxiety Thought Biases That Make You Feel Worse
- Supporting Someone With Depression
- Beat A Low Mood & Depression – 7 Tips
- In The Fight Against Fear, Action Is Your Superpower
- Pain x Resistance = Suffering
- Why bother with self-compassion?
- What is self-compassion?
- How to Change Your Mindset
- Mindset Matters: Here’s How